Friday, September 11, 2009

Emma's Blessing Weekend

This last weekend Emma was given her baby blessing. Grandma and Grandpa Hoggan and my sister Julia and her family all came out for it and we had a great time with them here! Saturday we did some shopping while Julia and the kids went to Forks and then that evening we headed over to the place James and Julia were renting for the weekend to watch the first BYU football game of the season. Such a great game! It was Emma's first game too and she was all decked out like a true blue Cougar in her BYU onesie. We had waited to put it on her until right before the game so she wouldn't dirty it with a blowout or something. Then of course less than an hour after we put it on she had a MASSIVE blowout...lol. Oh the irony of it all. But at least we got one picture of her in it.

Then of course Sunday was the blessing day and Emma looked so precious in her blessing outfit. Julia, the talented woman that she is, made this dress. She did an amazing job and it fit perfectly! Nate gave her a beautiful blessing and I cannot describe the emotions I felt as he gave it to her. Now I finally know how mothers feel and why they always tear up at things like this. I feel so blessed to be a mother and I love my baby girl so much!!! It's by far the most joyful feeling I've ever felt besides being married to the love of my life. Emma is an angel and so very special. She will be an amazing woman as we discovered in her blessing!


After church, we headed over to Grammy Jean's house to have a luncheon with the family. We were originally going to have it outside at a gazebo near Grandma Donna's house, but the rain put a damper on that idea. It all worked out though and it was great to have so many family members from both mine and Nate's sides there. After that, we went back home and played games with my parents and my sister and her family.


Then they all held Emma before leaving and we took lots of pictures. It was so sweet to see them all hold her!






James and Julia went home Monday but my parents stayed until Tuesday so we went to Snoqualmie Falls to do a little sight seeing. It was a great weekend!




Lastly, I just had to add this picture of Emma saying hi! :)

4 comments:

Jessica Rose said...

I love her blankie! :) super cute!

bendanielsfamily said...

awesome pictures. my favorite is the last one :) so cute

Sam said...

So cute! Looks like you guys had fun with your family. Are you going to be in Utah for Christmas?

Leora Sanford said...

She is sooo very beautiful, Amy and Nate. Congrats again!! :) Of course it would have been great if we could have come but school and money make it hard.

and AMY...I can't seem to find your email address in my email contacts which is weird. I guess I never added you when I got my new program. Anyways, I just wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I was writing the date on the board today for my students and it hit me that today was the day. :) I hope that it was a wonderful day.

Love you,
Leora