Monday, September 28, 2009

Comin' Right Along!

Over the last couple weeks, there has been a fury of construction on our new house. My parents and I went over to see what the house looked like during the half-time break of the BYU - Florida State game. They had put on the 2nd story for the most part and had the trusses for the roof stacked and ready to go.



By the following Tuesday, this is how it looked:



It was a very good week in terms of weather -- it was sunny and warm every day -- and the workers put in long days. I stopped by at 6 pm and they were still there and had just finished up. One thing that I love about the lot/cul-de-sac is the view of Mt Rainier. We would have a pretty good view of the mountain from the house if the trees were 200 ft to the left :)



This past Saturday (the 26th), they put the shingles on... WAAAHOOO!! This is a really good thing because the weather is forecast to be rainy this week. At least I won't have to worry too much about all the framing and plywood inside getting wet!



So now, it appears that the plumbing, vents, heat ducts, and fireplace have all been installed. I think next up is the electrical work!

1 comment:

Grandpa and Grandma Hoggan said...

I can't believe how fast the house is going up and more than that I was shocked and how close Mt. Rainier is. I was expecting to see just this little "hill" in the distance. It's close and huge and gorgeous. Now if the clouds will give way every morning and evening, then you can enjoy it so much more!! So happy for you. Thanks for sharing and keep posting those pics. We love it. Love, MOM Hoggan