Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Cake to Remember

Nate and his mom made this lovely cake for me for my birthday and it truly is a cake to remember. Nate decorated it himself so it was a labor of love. I don't think I've ever had such a unique-looking cake. I loved it though because he made it just for me and it tasted great! The finishing touch, however, was the large emergency preparedness candle that was used in place of regular birthday candles because we didn't have any...lol. At least I got it easy this year when it came to blowing out the candle! I love my husband!




Nate also took me out to Applebee's for my birthday and it was so fun to get all dressed up and go out. We hadn't done that in a LONG time. After that, we came home and watched a movie together and relaxed. So it was a really great birthday!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Glad you had a great b-day!So did Nate bake the cake too? Very impressive!

Nate said...

I did bake the cake with the help of Duncan Hines but my mom made the icing. She also helped decorate the cake. It was supposed to be a confetti cake and it actually looked pretty good until I started having way too much fun with the icing and got carried away. :)

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Amy! What a great cake!