Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Here we post a tribute to our fathers. Our dads have been so wonderful to us throughout the years. They have fed us, clothed us, gotten mad at us, and taught us life long lessons. They slaved through our homework...oh I mean helped us with our homework. They have even willfully paid for us to do all the things we wanted to do (i.e. movies, theme parks, vacations, mini golf, etc.) Here's to you fathers!! Thanks for all you've done!!





Amy's favorite memories about her dad:

I loved the time we went on a road trip through Arizona and saw all the places my dad grew up. It was really cool to see the schools he went to and the house he lived in. It really helped me get to know my dad a little better. I absolutely loved road trips with my dad. He would always let us eat junk food in the car and we played a lot of fun games as well as read a lot of good books together as a family. Dad's a great dramatic reader and it was always fun to listen to him read. Dad was also always so great for doing most of the driving, even though it was miserable for him. I also loved the traditions we had for Christmas, doing the 12 Days of Christmas for other people and Dad making his fudge. I loved our family Christmas programs too! Another thing I remember about Dad is that he was the best cheerleader I ever had. Thanks for always being there!! Love you Dad!

Nate's favorite memories about his dad:

When I was younger, my dad and I would always go fishing on the first day of the fishing season. We would wake up (I would wake up at 4am like he told me to and he would get up at 6) and then load the boat up and go to one of the lakes in the area. It was always quiet, dark, and cold. We would usually stop to get some worms for fishing and some doughnuts/juice for breakfast. Then we would get the boat in the water and start fishing. I was always the one to catch the first fish (and the most fish). My dad would pretend he was happy, but I knew he was jealous.... so I rubbed it in as much as I could.

As a side note, today was Nate's first day to play the organ for the congregation as ward organist. He blew the place out of the water...lol. The closing hymn was "God of Our Fathers, Whose Almighty Hand" and by the last verse Nate had pulled all the stops and changed a few of the chords to more dramatic ones. It was intense and we all sang like it too. The Spirit was really strong. It was awesome! The bishopric turned around to him afterwards and were just showering him with compliments. A lot of the congregation did too. It was so much fun! Also, I got to be primary pianist today and they threw a bunch of new songs at me so I was practically sight reading the whole time. That was also a lot of fun...lol. Then we came home, ate pizza, and then had some apple pie with whipped topping that Nate wanted so badly. Good day!

No comments: