Saturday, May 9, 2009

Our First Anniversary - Day 2

Our second day turned out to be a beautiful sunny day, which is a rarity there in Forks. We stayed the Dew Drop Inn (which was quite nice and Nate and I very much enjoyed it!) and I loved what they had on their sign:


Across the street from our hotel was the Outfitters store. It was where Bella worked in the book. It really is the biggest store they have in town.
The night before, we got the Twilight sub at this Subway. We also saw some high school kids all dressed up for prom there and they were apparently having it at the Quileute tribal center that night! Nate and I thought it would have been great to crash the party, but we decided not to...lol. It was just ironic that we were there prom weekend because prom was the event at the end of the first two books.We left Forks that morning and headed back. On our way we stopped at Lake Crescent again to get more pictures and to take a short hike to Marymere Falls. Here are some pictures of the view driving there:


This was a little view spot we stopped at and learned that this lake is a glacial lake. It is apparently 624 or so feet deep in the middle. Deep lake!



Here are the pictures of the hike and the waterfall:




This was the creepy tunnel we had to go through that went under the road to continue the trail.


The trees were SO tall and really big around. The pictures don't do them justice. It was absolutely beautiful!

After the hike we headed into Port Angeles to get some pictures at the dock. We then had a little picnic that we brought with us and ate it on the benches there. It was a really nice day so there were a lot of teenage kids out doing stuff on the dock. There were definitely some interesting ones there and a cop even drove out onto the pier to stop some of them from riding their bikes in places they shouldn't...lol. We also walked around the little free marine aquarium they have. It was neat to see and even touch some of the sea animals (sea cucumbers, starfish, etc.). I thought it was so crazy that in 20 minutes we went from mountains and lakes to ocean and ships. Washington is great!

Those mountains in the distance below are actually Canadian mountains. The border is somewhere over the water. There's a ferry that goes from Port Angeles to Victoria in Canada quite often without needing a passport. Starting June 1 this year they will be requiring passports though.




This was my attempt at getting the "Welcome to Port Angeles" sign. It didn't work very well:These were my souvenirs. Yes I am a dork!
Our anniversary was really fun and it was so nice to be alone together and get away from the hustle and bustle of work and extended family. I can't believe it has been one year since we got married. It has all gone by so fast. I have been so blessed to be married to Nate. I love him with all of my heart and he loves me more than I know. I can't imagine my life without him. He is my best friend, lover, confidante, protector, provider, and spiritual leader. He is everything I could ever want and everything I need. I love you Nate!! We've had a great and eventful year together and we're so excited to be growing our family by one this year!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. Happy anniversary!

Grandpa and Grandma Hoggan said...

Beautiful pictures. Washington is an amazing place and I'm glad you had such a fun time. Those are moments to treasure forever. Happy Anniversary.